Your Guide to Becoming an Expert on Argan Oil
Today I am going to share the secrets of Argan Oil, with the aim of making you an Argan Oil expert. I am going to explain where it comes from, how it is produced, and why it works. It is truly an invaluable product.
If, like me, you want to de-clutter your beauty cabinet and simplify your beauty routine, Argan Oil can become your go-to multipurpose natural product, and I think it is an ideal protective product for everyone.
What is Argan Oil?
Argan Oil is a traditional oil produced in the semi-desert area of south Morocco. It is rare and precious, which is why it is often called Liquid Gold. Argania Spinosa trees are fruit-bearing and Argan Oil comes from the kernel inside the fruit.
For cosmetic purposes, Argan Oil is produced from raw, unroasted kernels. You will find that natural Argan Oil has an inherent nutty aroma when you first apply it. But this aroma soon disappears and is a sign that the product is natural and not deodorized. It features a very high concentration of nutrients and is much less greasy than many other oils. This results in rapid absorption that promotes your overall health by moisturising and softening as well as protecting your face and hair from sun damage and air conditioning: without any harmful chemicals or parabens.
How to choose an Argan Oil product?
There are two things to look out for:
The ingredients list should be very short. It must contain only one ingredient. It should say 100% Argan Oil or 100% Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil. If it has anything else listed, you don't want it.
Do not buy Argan Oil sold in clear or plastic bottles. Both can admit light that will make the precious oil deteriorate. The best way to store Argan Oil is inside an aluminium canister or dark green bottle.
Argan Oil naturally contains many beneficial constituents:
- An antioxidant that fights free radicals
- Improves skin's capacity to hold in moisture
- Improves the effectiveness of sunscreen
- Heals damaged and dry skin
- Permea Plus 100% Virgin Argan Oil contains 200-300% more natural Vitamin E than Olive Oil
Essential Fatty Acids
- High levels of fatty acids which ensure the health of cellular membranes
- Keeps skin elastic and firm
- Improves the retention of moisture
Oleic and Linoleic Acids
- Crucial to the formation of prostaglandin
- Acts as a healing agent
- Naturally anti-inflammatory
- Protects skin from pollution, chemicals, sun damage and other environmental factors
- Prevents free radical damage
- Helps the skin obtain that hard-to-achieve "radiance"
- Naturally produced by the skin
- Functions like Vitamin E as an important antioxidant to reduce signs of ageing
- Has many antibacterial properties
- Excellent for eczema, acne, and psoriasis
- Provides UV protection and fights sun damage
- Promotes skin repair
- Contains antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and free-radical-fighting properties
- A very rare antioxidant
- Helps prevent skin ageing by increasing moisture retention and optimising the function of the skin barrier
D-7 Stigma Sterol
- Very rare & highly regarded for the treatment of skin diseases
- Excellent for healing compromised skin tissue and wounds
- Topical application may offer many anti-inflammatory benefits
- Useful for speeding the healing process of various skin conditions
Argan Oil Products in the Market
The best Argan Oil is produced from trusted, certified-organic sources in Morocco. Look for 100% Argan Oil or 100% Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil. Cold-Pressed Argan Oil is best as it guarantees a chemical free version with all its flavour, aroma, and nutritional value intact.
No artificial additives. No supplementary oils. No artificial fragrance. No harmful toxins. No Parabens.
One leading brand contains less than 5% Argan Oil. It also contains synthetic ingredients and fragrance. Always read the label.
Our Quest for the Best Argan Oil
We very much wanted Argan Oil for Arden Healthcare, and wanted it from the best possible source.
Permea Plus 100% Virgin Argan Oil is produced from a trusted, certified-organic source in Morocco, and is 100% pure cold-pressed virgin Argan Oil We believe it is the very best Argan Oil available.
We source it from a fair-trade Moroccan women's cooperative. The cooperative promotes the welfare of its women workers with healthcare and paid holidays. So it not only enhances your hair and skin, but also the lives of the women who produce it.
Permea Plus 100% Virgin Argan Oil is also suitable for Hajj pilgrims as it is natural and has no added fragrance. Fragrances contain alcohol which is drying and not suitable for skin or hair.
You can purchase Permea Plus 100% Virgin Argan Oil here.