Best Ever Vegetable & Bean Layer Dip
This is a great favourite with my family and very easy to make.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives - drained & finely chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted & diced
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- garlic salt to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a medium bowl, mash the avocados.
Mix in lime juice, parsley, salsa, garlic salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and taco seasoning.
In a deep 9x13 inch dish, spread the refried beans.
Top with sour cream mixture.
Spread on guacamole.
Top with tomatoes, green onions, and black olives.
And finally top with grated cheese.
Serve with pita bread or tortilla chips.